Sunday, December 13, 2015

26 & 27 Week "Bumpdate" & 2nd Trimester Review



26 Weeks



27 Weeks
WOW! Hard to believe I am done with the second trimester. Only one more to go! I am now 7 months pregnant and we are getting really excited as we inch closer to the due date (March 9th). Most of the time it seems that this pregnancy has flown by, but other times I just want to hold baby Audrey in my arms already! I know she will be here before we know it!

  

The second trimester has treated me well besides a few back aches and pains. Weeks 17/18 with round ligament pain was the worst- but once that subsided, I have felt really good! It is so amazing getting to experience this miracle taking place inside my body. God is truly knitting Audrey Grace together in my womb.

This week Audrey is around 2 lbs and 14.5 inches long with her legs extended- about the size of a rutabega. Haha!

 She is now sleeping and waking at regular intervals. In the previous weeks her eyes have been developing under fused eye lids, now she can open and close her eyes- although theres not much to see right now! She is showing increased brain activity and her brain is getting more complex everyday. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning - with a lot of medical help- if she were to be born now. 

Favorite moment of the week? Tyler surprising me with tickets to go see the Nutcracker in Springfield on my birthday. It had been a tradition when I was little to go see the Nutcracker with my dance teacher around Christmas time, but it had been such a long time since the last time I saw it. It was a really good ballet and the dancers were fabulous! 

Movement? One of my favorite things right now is getting to feel her kick and move inside of me all the time. I can tell she enjoys being on the right side of my stomach and is starting to go up close to my ribs on that side. Actually- as I was typing this blog post I felt the first kick to the ribs. It kinda hurt a little bit! 

Cravings? I could really eat some bagel bites right about now. Random, I know...

Sickness? Last week I caught a 24 hr stomach bug that was going around. Being sick while pregnant is no fun at all! But it didn't last long and I feel 100% now!

Gender: ALL GIRLLLLL

Labor signs: During week 26 I felt what I would describe as the onset of menstrual cramps- except very light and not very painful. They only lasted one morning and then went away. 

Mood/energy: Great! 

Sleep: Good for the most part. I sometimes wake up with hunger pains in the night and will get a glass of water or milk and a banana or something and go back to bed.

Exercise: Still teaching PiYo 2x a week. I am so glad that I have been able to continue teaching and feel so good getting to stretch and stay strong during this pregnancy. It has helped with my mood and energy levels as well.

Diet/weight: Will know total weight gain on my appointment this Thursday! 

Looking forward to: Seeing my girls on dance team perform their christmas routine at the game on Tuesday and at their assembly on Thursday! They have been working hard and I know they will do a great job! Tyler and I are also looking forward to being with family and friends over Christmas break! I especially can't wait to see my sister and little nephew Samuel! Also, Tyler's sweet friends and family are throwing us our first baby shower for Audrey Grace! We are really excited about that!

Prayer needs/ praises: Thankful for a healthy pregnancy thus far! Pray for continued good health for me and for Audrey as she is developing during this last trimester! 

Thankful for: God's provision of all that we need. While we feel emotionally ready for Audrey Grace to be here, we do not feel "physically" ready- as in, there is still a lot to do as we prepare her nursery and get the things we need (like lots of diapers, lol). But we are thankful that God always provides what we need in the right time and trusting Him as we prepare to be parents! I know Audrey is going to be SO loved and cared for- no doubt!

I'm excited to move into the third trimester as that means we are one step closer to holding Audrey Grace in our arms! 


xoxo,

Dorothy and Audrey Grace :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment