Saturday, February 6, 2016

Audrey Grace's Nursery Reveal


I have always heard about the "nesting" instinct in mothers that kicks in during the end of pregnancy, but I never knew if it was a real thing or if I would experience it. It is basically an increase in activity and drive to "nest"- an intense desire to have everything ready for the new baby. Well, the "nesting" bug has definitely hit me the last couple of weeks as I have certainly been in nesting mode. It is a real thing, y'all! I have been cleaning, preparing, decorating and getting things ready for Audrey's arrival! We now have less than 5 weeks left until her estimated due date!

I am happy to say we have put the finishing touches on Audrey Grace's room! Now we are just missing ONE thing- our precious baby girl. But until then, I am happy to show you her finished room! 

When we moved here, this room was already painted aqua. We lucked out with this refreshing and fun color for the walls. I decided to decorate with pink, white and hints of gold. Her nursery has a modern glam feel mixed with shabby chic elements. I love to decorate and see how the colors and decor come together. Here are some pics of the finished product! Enjoy!






The crib we are using was Tyler's crib when he was a baby. His dad built it which makes it super special and unique! So excited that Audrey Grace will get to sleep in it. It used to be an stained oak color- after a few coats of white paint, this crib has new life again! Plus, we love the extra storage it allows. Also, last night I made the floral monogrammed "A" to put above her crib and I love the way it turned out.






Here's an up close picture of the decor I have sitting on the drawer part of the crib. I really like the "Love the Journey" saying as it is highly appropriate for the next stage of life we are entering! I know this rocker/recliner will come in handy for those late night feedings! AND it will also go great in our living room when we don't need a nursery anymore.



We put a day bed on the opposite wall. Gold polkadots always make me happy :) Also, I love the pillow I found for the day bed- it says "She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes." I definitely think this phrase will be true for our little girl.



One of my favorite pieces in the nursery is this beautiful lamp that Tyler got me (and Audrey Grace) for Christmas! It looks beautiful in her nursery and gives it a touch of glam. I tried to stick to decor that we would use even as she gets older. I didn't want it to be too "babyish" to where we couldn't use it when she is older.



I don't think you can read the words in the frames from the pictures... but the gold frame says "Hello sweet beautiful girl" and the white frame has one of my favorite verses on it from Psalms, it says "Create in me a pure heart." I just love these sayings! Of course, Hobby lobby has done it again! #obsessed

Here are a few different views taken from the entrance of the room...


Hope you enjoyed the little tour of her new room! It was so much fun to see it all come together. Let me know what you think in the comments below! 

 We are ready for you, baby girl! :) Now, we wait...


xoxo,

Dorothy


No comments:

Post a Comment